Spruce using the right equipment
You can’t get a job done right without the correct tools and equipment. When it comes to giving your home a spruce up, these every-day items will make sure of that!
1. Reusable Microfibre cloth
Microfibre cloths attract dust and dirt and grip those particles within. Because of this, you only need to wipe a surface down once for it to be clean and dust-free. Add to your cleaning supply checklist;
- Two fine woven microfibre cloths for cleaning glass and shiny surfaces
- Three large loop cloths for dusting and cleaning general surfaces.
These are available in a variety of types that can be used for specific purposes. You should essentially have an…
- Abrasive-Cellulose Sponge for cleaning cookware, everyday spills, or dishes
- Dry sponge for cleaning pet hairs, carpets, and fabric curtains
- Wire sponge or ‘steel scourer’ for cleaning metal pots and grills
- Magic Erasers for cleaning dust and residue off electronics, crayons, and pencil marks off walls
3. Stick vacuum
Skinny stick vacuums range from $40-$400. Whatever your budget, they are easy to use and store. These vacuums clean floors and rugs thus saving you from the job of sweeping and collecting dirt, crumbs, and hair. They also make it easier to vacuum as their shape is more mobile and less clunky than traditional vacuums. Unsure what to buy? Noel Leeming has compiled a guide to help decide which is right for you.
A squeegee is generally used for cleaning windows but it has a variety of other uses too. This can include cleaning your glass shower doors, your car, or getting pet hair off the carpet.
5. Scrub brush and old toothbrush
A sponge or cloth cannot always remove spills and stains, especially dried stains. This is where a bristle scrub-brush comes in handy for using on tough stains. You can also use one of your old toothbrushes when you need to clean those nooks and crannies in your house like sink rims, grout in tiles, etc. Disinfect an old toothbrush and keep it as one of your most essential cleaning tools.
Great, now you have 5 cleaning tools that will help you get the job done right the first time. Service King agrees that the health of you and your family is of utmost importance. For more information on chemical, natural, and enzyme cleaners (which between you and I are the future of cleaning), be sure to check out our blog post on the truth about chemicals!